Clotton:01829 781572 | Tarvin:01829 740002 | Upton:01244 952540 | Frodsham:01928 643078

Assistance With Funeral Costs

Funeral grants

There are a number of funeral grants and bereavement payments, which you may be entitled to, further details of these are listed below

The social fund

This applies when you have a low income and it is difficult to budget for emergency expenses such as funeral costs. There is money available for these situations, although it is limited.

Bereavement payments

These can be applied for if your husband, wife or civil partner has died. It is a one-off, lump-sum payment of £2,000 that is tax free.

You may be able to claim Bereavement Payment, if your husband, wife or civil partner paid their National Insurance contributions (NICs) or their death was caused by their job and either:

-You were under the State Pension age when they died


-Your husband, wife or civil partner was not entitled to Category A main state Retirement Benefit when they died.

You cannot get Bereavement Payment if any of the following apply:

-You were divorced from your late husband or wife or the civil partnership had dissolved at the time of the civil partner’s death

-Living with another person as husband, wife or civil partner relationship

-In prison

WordPress Theme built by Shufflehound.